FX 250 FleetBroadband
FX 250 FleetBroadband - Marine satellite phones, maritime, sailor & sea systems
Inc, Antenna Unit, Below Deck Unit, Handset & Cradle, WiFI Antenna, Power Cable, 25m Antenna Coaxial Cable, 1.5m Ethernet Cable , User Guide
The FX 250 FleetBroadband is the latest-generation maritime communication systems operating on the Inmarsat FleetBroadband Satellite System. It is compactly designed and easy to install.
Using Inmarsat’s most advanced commercial communication satellites, the FX 250 FleetBroadband provides simultaneous access to clear digital voice, fax and high-speed data with email and SMS. It makes it easier for the Captain to download the latest weather and navigational charts while the crew members can call, talk, send and receive text messages and email around the world.
The FX 250 FleetBroadband offers the data speeds of up to 284kbps with the value-added features:
- Fleet Tracking Capability - Geofencing, up to 10 polygon areas can be configured
- Non-SOLAS Voice Distress
- Push-To-Talk (PTT)
- Forced Dialing – SAC Configuration Control
- Restricted Dialing (for crew calling)
- Handset Call Priority (allows the Captain to pre-empt all other calls)
- Remote Access (for configuration and diagnostics)
- Remote Management (using SMS/AT commands)
- Link Monitor (IP Watchdog)
- Backup / Restore of previous Configuration Settings
- SIM Lock based on IMSI/APN
- Multilingual WebConsole (English, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese)
- Multi-User WebConsole access with configurable access rights
- Time/Volume limited data sessions (to avoid bill shock)
- MAC Filtering
- Port Forwarding
New optional feature of Multi-Voice is available and it supports up to 6 concurrent voice calls by using Vocality’s BASIC Multivoice 8. Other new optional features of Dynamic Telemetry Service will be available soon.
FX 250 is a high performance satellite communication terminal with the unique features:
NMEA 0183 Continuous GPS Output / GNSS Input
- 3-Axis Stabilised Antenna including ATC-Resilience, Extended L-Band and IP56 Protection capability.
- Append GPS Position to SMS
- No Fuses – Uses Intelligent Circuit Breaker protection
- Primary Handset with IP66 Environmental Protection
The FX 250 includes a primary handset with a large colour LCD display and mobile phone type keys for making phone calls, sending and receiving SMS messages, including larger SMS content of greater than 160 characters as multipart or segmented messages. This feature is popular for the Captain and the crew members who are used to texting from their GSM mobiles while on shore.
For internet service, the FX 250 can simply be connected to an onboard computer network using RJ45 Ethernet connection. With MAC address filtering and user control of NAT, DHCP functions and PPPoE, the FX 250 offers both Single User and Multi-User Router modes.
The FleetBroadband terminal has a continuous GPS output feature which allows GPS data to be sent out via the RS232 port in standard NMEA 0183 format. With the built-in GPS module, the FX 250 is able to provide accurate position information to onboard systems such as plotters and depth sounders, with configurable baud-rating setting. In addition, the FleetBroadband terminal supports taking external GNSS input in NMEA 0183 format via the RS232 port.
With the standard built-in Wi-Fi feature, the web-based user interface can be accessed via any web browser including Wi-Fi-enabled Smartphones such as BlackBerrys, iPhones, iPads, and PDAs via the FX 250’s secure Wi-Fi (WLAN). The Wi-Fi connection also offers wireless Push-to-Talk (PTT) service to Smartphone users using free PTT applications such as Zello, without having to add any additional hardware to the terminal, unlike other PTT solutions that require expensive add-on hardware.
Keyword: marine satellite phones, maritime, sailor & sea systems